Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shave my legs and call me grandma! ...otherwise known as wow!

The Nigerian music scene has got me dusting up my old dance moves, making me hop, step n twist like never before. Never mind that all these are happening in my head, ‘cos if truth be told, I can’t dance to save my life.

Thank God for Yahoozie! At least people like me can now lay hold on to a dance step – no matter how ridiculous.

Anyhoo, back to my initial line of thought. Omo boys dey hot like fire! I recently laid my hands on some tracks from the yet-to-be-released album (don’t ask me how) of some new dude called M.I, and man...um, man...well, he’s good. He’s got the rhymes, the attitude and the smarts to be 9ja’s next big rap star.

He’s not the only one.

There’s also this other chick called Nyore (fellas, I hear she’s hot!) who’s got me um...dancing (you know warramean). These group of new school artistes seem set to put Nigerian music on the world map, and like never before, I’m proud to be Nigerian!

But the guy that’s got me on a roll right now is that Benin bobo, Oriri! His album, Sisi Eko (which is also the title of his hit track) is off da hooooooooooook! I’m annoying my colleagues right now by playing his album over and over again! LOL!

Oh, and by the way, I started jogging. Yeah! Two days down the line, and I suddenly feel sympathetic towards the poor sods in the military that have to do this every morning. My joints ache like mad, and my thighs and calves feel like Samuel Peters took out his revenge on them. All because the lady doesn’t like the belly that much. What on earth happened to “I love you the way you are”?

Well, here’s a toast to the 9ja music scene, and wishing me speedy recovery (or woreva), cos as God is my witness, come tomorrow morning, I’m going jogging again!

Well, tie me up and call me a puppet.

AND NO! NO POEM TODAY. C’MON GUYS, EVERYDAY’S NOT A HOLIDAY (Asa...).

6 comments:

~Sirius~ said...

Hey, you have contraband music, hook a sister up now!

My joints ache like mad, and my thighs and calves feel like Samuel Peters took out his revenge on them. All because the lady doesn’t like the belly that much. What on earth happened to “I love you the way you are”?

LMAO- would you love her just the way she is if she puts on more than a couple of pounds huh?

Muse said...

see yasef? u wan turn pirate abi? LOL. Neways, "...if she puts on..." why u go dey ask me dat kain ting now? what do you want me to say?

I plead the 5th! No trick questions for me!

shine said...

haha...shave ya legs. i've got to check out the artists that u have mentioned--i'm craving new music. good luck on your jogging.

ibiluv said...

erm.....you can always jog on the same spoat at home...no

whatever hapened to good ol' boffing....it burns calories....*wink*.....

i really like MI....look forward to listeniing to 'em other peeps u mentioned.....

incoherent said...

what? no poem?

no mind them jare i admire your self discipline. been "planning" to start jogging for like 2 yrs now. i just dont see the essence of running if i'm not being chased......

Muse said...

@shine: thanks babe. I'll see about posting a video of dipp ft M.I, and possibly, one of M.I's track as well. keep keepin' it real.

@ibiluv: good Lord woman! how much weight have you lost from boffin ehn? Neways, I'll think about your advice.

@incoherent: LOL about being chased. you no just try. no worry, i'll write you a poem soon enough.