Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Coming up for air.

Hey y'all! I know, I know. It's been quite a while since I wrote something (4 months actually), and I don't have any excuse, smart or otherwise for my absence. Oh, wait...work! Not good enough? I know.

Today, I'm putting up a poem I wrote some time ago - a little over one year, actually. It's a poem that with the challenges I've had to face over time. It is a poem that makes a statement of defiance, as well as a poem of encouragement. I hope you like it. I hope it speaks to you. Above all, I hope it makes you see a glimmer of hope in a darkened sky.

Enjoy.


Untitled.
Just before the dawn of night,
Show me again that ray of light;
The wishing star, the wondrous sight
Of silver lining in the night.

Of hope, near broke, but standing still;
Of will more firm than bars of steel,
Of a life though gone will never kneel
To death, but soars in liberty.

Sing once more of a heart made sure
By faith, though sense may ask for more
Sing again of faith and how she bore
The saviour we all adore

Sing of life, sing more of death
To flesh and all that is this earth
Sing of God and how His breath
Is more than gold, is true life’s wealth!

22/10/2010

6 comments:

Kiah said...

i love the last two lines...

please don't stay away that long anymore :(

Nonye said...

ok so I came to your blog thinking "is this my husband's blog or someone new?" whatever that means.....you have been gone tooooo long wall walker!! and yup! me love that poem...waiting for mine

Kitten said...

I love this poem a lot.

Muse Origins said...

Lovely. Makes so much sense

Adiya
Muse Origins
Muse Origins FB

CFAgbata said...

Great thoughts there, another important way to measure is how have you evolved to be who God created you to be i.e, discovering and fulfilling your purpose !

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's what I was looking for, what a stuff! existing here at this weblog, thanks admin of this site.

Here is my web-site - www.autogas-umbau.net
Also see my website > weight loss